Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Daring Cooks

April's Daring Cooks challenge is to create a recipe using one ingredient from each of three categories.  I chose cauliflower, chipotle peppers and espresso powder.  I started with a generous four cups of cauliflower florets which I blanched till barely tender, then blended with some buttermilk, salt, garlic and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, ending up with a gorgeous silky puree.
Then I blanched  some asparagus till it was barely tender and set it aside.
I made a paste of some mashed chipotle in adobo, brown sugar and espresso powder and seasoned it  with a little coarse salt.

I rubbed the paste on a piece of salmon filet; coated a baking dish with olive oil and arranged the blanched asparagus around the perimeter.  I put the salmon in the middle and put the dish in a pre-heated 250 degree fahrenheit oven for about 25 minutes at which time the salmon was just beginning to be flaky and the asparagus was just done.


I served the salmon and asparagus on a bed of the cauliflower puree.  Delicious!!






No comments:

Post a Comment